Friday, May 13, 2011

Energy Island: How One Community Harnessed the Wind and Changed Their World


Author:  Allan Drummond
Reading Level:  Age 7-10
Summary:
Meet the environmentally friendly people who now proudly call their home Energy Island! This is a narrative tale and science book all in one about the island of Samso and how the citizens became energy self-sufficient. 
Review:
I like reading this book because book has beautiful illustrations of windmills and landscapes.  I feel so calm and relaxing as if I’m in the scenery myself.  The story is captivating with succinct, to the point, simple and easy to digest narrative.  The author tells the story of the Danish island of Samso so appealing and charming that makes me want to consider buying a wind turbine for my garden.  I gladly recommend this book to any one, even adult to read and find themselves on the island of Samso. 

No comments:

Post a Comment